Total Pageviews

Friday, June 17, 2011

June 17th

     Hosea teaches me about the righteous jealousy of God.  It was the perfect lesson having Hosea marry Gomer, have children and then seek to take her back after her promiscuous ways.  God puts it so simply.  How can you give all the credit for your blessings to worthless, powerless idols and then give Him no credit!  I can see how He would be jealous and offended.  What does this have to do with me?  Obviously, when I put myself first or the things that I own I start to worship things other than God.  Is God still a jealous God?  You bet He is?  Are the lessons that the Israelites had to go through still applicable today?  That's why they are preserved.  How can I be so foolish to ignore God, the Creator, the Holy One?  Help me not to, Lord!

No comments:

Post a Comment