Total Pageviews

Saturday, August 13, 2011

July 28th


Jeremiah 7

 21 “‘This is what the LORD Almighty, the God of Israel, says: Go ahead, add your burnt offerings to your other sacrifices and eat the meat yourselves! 22 For when I brought your ancestors out of Egypt and spoke to them, I did not just give them commands about burnt offerings and sacrifices, 23 but I gave them this command: Obey me, and I will be your God and you will be my people. Walk in obedience to all I command you, that it may go well with you. 

Legalism is easy to fall into.  It gives us the idea that we just have to do a few things to be good enough for the Lord, but He really wants our hearts (this is the devotion of obedience that Jesus spoke of when he said if you love me you'll obey my commandments).

No comments:

Post a Comment