Total Pageviews

Saturday, July 9, 2011

July 10th

Wow!   What a day of reading!   First of all, I don't know, if people understand what a tremendous miracle it is to make the shadow go backward 10 steps.  This involves changing the whole earth's motion, without killing everything on the earth when it is suddenly stopped from its rotating.  You see we are all going at about 1000 miles an hour as we revolve about the axis of the earth.  We have lots of momentum.  Some people try to explain away the miracles in the Bible by natural occurrences (a wind that dried out the Red Sea or a landslide that caused the Jordan River to back up to state a few that I have heard).  This is all God or it didn't happen at all and I choose to believe that God has the GREAT strength to do this. 
    Secondly, when the leader of the Assyrian army calls out the people and basically rebukes them for believing in the Lord this is such a dramatic confrontation.   It would have been terrifying to see that vast "unbeaten" army before your gates taunting you with threats of torture and annihilation.  I love how Hezekiah took it before the Lord laying the wicked letter out before His alter.   I love that the Lord went and kicked the butt of the Assyrian army causing them to turn tail and run.  This is my God whom I am proud of.   He is powerful and fiercely defends those whom He loves.  Great is my God!

No comments:

Post a Comment