Total Pageviews

Tuesday, July 12, 2011

July 13th

I liked these verses in Isaiah 42.  

 8 “I am the LORD; that is my name!
   I will not yield my glory to another
   or my praise to idols.
9 See, the former things have taken place,
   and new things I declare;
before they spring into being
   I announce them to you.”

One thing that I am really enjoying in this current set of readings is hearing so much of God directly speaking and explaining why He does what He does.  Why all of the prophesies?   Later He states that it is so people cannot look to idols and say that they caused the events of the day.  I wonder, if this section of the Bible doesn't have more direct quotes from God than any other.  The Lord is amazing.  The problem is that we tend to forget that and in this verse He has to announce this Himself, when it should have been continually being said from His people. 

No comments:

Post a Comment